Things have been going pretty well lately, and I figured i'd start doing a once a month Pregnancy update; just for fun! Here is a list of everything I've been experiencing/feeling/craving throughout the last few weeks!
- How far along? I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow - FOUR MONTHS!! Baby P is now the size of an avocado.
- Appointments? My next prenatal appt is this Thursday. I have tons of questions that are filling my brain the further along I get, so its helpful to have these appointments once a month. Plus, we get to hear the heartbeat again... best.. sound... ever.
- Gender? February 12th is the BIG DAY and we are finding out the gender! Originally we (aka me) wanted to do a gender reveal party - but after chatting things over with my husband, we want to find out by ourselves at the ultrasound appointment. Then we will find a way to tell our family and close friends. Ps. I will add that I think/feel that Baby P is a boy..... and Joey thinks Baby P is a girl! Either way, we are both indifferent and do not have a preference. Only criteria: Healthy (and cute... of course).
- Bump Update? I am still barely showing (though my chest can stop growing any day now, thanks!). The picture above was taken this past weekend. I was trying on maternity clothes for the first time and it was also right after I ate a big meal... so I actually LOOKED pregnant and I had to take a snap shot. Funny thing was - the next day I threw on my normal clothes and its like you can't even tell i'm pregnant! I'm noticing my stomach is getting harder/slight rounded and I have no doubt i'll start showing in no time. I guess when you wait so long to become pregnant, you are itching to have that little bump you've been dreaming about. :)
- How am I feeling? Great (pinch me, please). But weeks 5-9 were tough - I had really bad afternoon/evening sickness; though I didn't throw up at all. Just major nausea, food aversions, didn't want to eat and had an overall yucky feeling. Once I hit week 10, that all went away. Since then, I've just had some minor heartburn, some hip pain and shoulder knots from sleeping so hard (I think?) - but I can't complain! We'll see how the next few months are, and what symptoms come and go - but to be honest, i'll take anything! I just feel thankful to be sitting here with Baby P in my belly (aka my uterus).
- Cravings? - OK, so I haven't had any "OH MY GOD I NEED TO EAT THIS NOW OR THE WORLD WILL END" type pregnancy cravings you hear about. But I haven't been enjoying specific type of meals more often. 1) BLT's with Turkey Bacon OR crispy ham (heat on stove and then in microwave - since cold cuts are a 'no-no;) and extra lettuce, tomato and light mayo. 2) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk with chocolate sauce... aka Chocolate Almond Milk. YES PLEASE! 3) Gluten free chicken nuggets or tenders. Plain chicken isn't really my jam at the moment, but nugget or tender form works well. I always pair it with some roasted veggies or a side salad. 4) This one has just been the last week - tuna melts. I just mix my tuna fish with some light mayo and dill relish or banana peppers, layer on gf bread and pop into oven for a bit. I'll be limiting these to 2-3 times a week, at most, since they say to not go over 12 oz of tuna a week.
- Emotions? Honestly, I don't think I've been overly moody or emotional at all. I've been feeling fine most days and have a pretty positive outlook on things. But i'll admit - I had one REALLY bad day... like, REALLY, REALLY, bad. Anything and everything was making me mad, or sad, or angry, or frustrated... and I cried a lot. To top it off, my GF chicken nuggets didn't cook right when it was dinner time.... oh lord, I snapped. My poor, poor, husband. I felt for him that day, I truly did.
- Fitness? I've walked almost every day since I found out I was pregnant. Some days its only 1.5 miles, other days it is 3 miles. I'll hop on the treadmill, turn on Food Network, and the 30-45 minute walk flies by. It gets my energized for the day, or helps give me a little evening jolt of energy if I feel like i'm getting tired around 6. Sometimes I even get a little crazy and hold 2 pound weights when walking - woah, now. I don't plan on doing much more during pregnancy than this, as I feel like walking (for me) is just fine.
- Registry? Yes, we've started to register at two stores!! Its really exciting and I've had a blast. I'm sure my husband wouldn't say the same - but he was a trooper coming out to check out strollers with me! We're registering for lots of basic things right now, and also making sure a lot of it is very gender neutral - as we want to make sure we can easily re-use things for Baby P the 2nd (hopefully!).
- Purchased anything yet? We have only bought two items ourselves; from Christmas cash & gift cards, so does that really count? 1) Britax Bob B-Safe car seat and 2) 4Moms Mamaroo rocker - that we actually found on Craigslist for half price; new and only used for a week. Score. We've also been handed down a few items from some very generous family members - feeling very, very lucky and thankful. I also came across two listings from women looking to sell huge lots of Maternity clothes; sized S-L. Though I may not fit into most now, I will definitely grow into them, and I couldn't pass up the deal. Here is what I got: 17 tops, 7 sweaters, 3 blouses, 7 tank tops, 4 dresses, 3 skirts, 2 pair of leggings, 3 pair of shorts, 4 pair of pants/capris and 4 pair of jeans. Best part? I only paid $110. For 54 items!!! I'd like to think that is a major steal. I just couldn't justify buying full priced (or even sale) maternity items; they're so expensive! I'm sure i'll go out and buy some additional leggings down the road... as I expand... so i'll just have to find the best deal. :)
Well, that is about all the updates I can think of right now. Its such an exciting time, though i'll try not to bore you with details. I'll make sure to limit these update posts to once a month; at least to sport my growing bump!
Thanks for reading - and as always, thanks for still being here!
A & Baby P