I digress... The reason for this post is the fact that I always find an excuse to bake for my co-workers (and hopefully they don't mind being my guinea pigs). So on Thursday night, I decided to whip up 2 simple recipes to bring in on Friday for an early Valentine's Day treat!
- 1 box LiveGFree Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brummel & brown yogurt spread (or butter/oil) - softened/almost melted
- 2 tbsp water
RECIPE #2: Oatmeal Scotchie (Muffin/Cookie) Bites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brummel & brown yogurt spread (softened/almost melted)
- 1/2 cup cup for cup baking stevia
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Namaste GF flour
- 1.5 cups GF old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon (or more if you love cinnamon like me)
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup slightly chopped butterscotch chips
- pinch of sea salt
These 'little bites' were a hit in the office, and at home. I love the concept of making things in the mini muffin tins, too - because it gives everyone the option of sampling one.. or two.. or five.
Did you bake anything special for Valentine's Day this year?
x's & o's