OK - so... back to the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. These have to be one of the most simple, and delicious, recipes to date. I came across some inspiration while searching Pinterest last week - and decided to whip these up for our Easter get together. They were an absolute hit! Since we have some family coming to visit today (including my sweet nephew) - I figured why not make some more?! Cookies are always a nice addition, am I right?
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (dark or light will do - I used dark to give it a richer taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup GF oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
*recipe makes ~20 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees - line baking tray with aluminum foil (not necessary, I just like it for easy clean up) and lightly coat with cooking spray
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer or use those muscles with a whisk
- Add in GF oats & baking soda and combine well
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula
- Using a cookie scoop, pack in dough to get as much air out, then drop onto baking tray - also give the tops of the cookies a little 'love tap' to flatten them a bit (but not all the way!)
- Place into oven and bake for ~10-12 minutes (ovens vary), or until the edges start getting SLIGHTLY brown
- Remove from oven - let cool for a few minutes - then transfer onto a cooling rack. Side note: they WILL seem underdone in the middle when you take them out of oven, but I promise they do keep cooking. Plus, you want these extra soft anyways :)
I love having recipes like this - not only because I have it memorized and its so simple - but that I know I can whip them up in a pinch and share homemade goodies with friends and family (or just my husband, Baby P and I...I think Baby loves these, too). Oh, and they also just look really, really, good.... and photograph well; because of course that is important when it comes to my recipes.....