This morning I was still thinking about that green bean casserole, so I decided to run to the grocery store and pick up a few simple ingredients to make a "fool proof" and speedy dish.
- 1 can GF creamy mushroom coup
- 3 cans of low sodium green beans
- 1 bag of Ian's GF Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350, coat a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Drain beans and pour into dish, pour the soup on top - mix together
- Mix 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs into the bean/soup combo
- Pop into oven for ~25 minutes; or until starting to bubble
- Take out of oven and coat the top with more panko bread crumbs (I mixed the Panko with a small amount of dried minced onion, as well)
- Put back into oven, turn up to 400 degrees and broil for a few minutes (5-10) until the top is golden brown
So, it may not be "from scratch" - but it took me less than 3 minutes to put it together and then the rest of the work was done by the oven. That is a major time saving win in my book!