I feel like this post will have a lot going on and may be a bit random but I want first want to share a few photos from our photo shoot. Our amazing cousin, Kari - with Kari Villa-Rivera Photography, has been the one who has captured all of these amazing moments for us over the years. She snapped our engagement photos, wedding photos, baby announcement photos and was also the one who came with us to our first ultrasound and caught this fabulous and memorable moment. We are forever grateful for these gifts she has given us. Ok - enough of the mushy stuff. Here are a few of our favorites:
Well, this IS a monthly pregnancy update, so why not get to that portion!
- How far along? 33.5 weeks
- Gender? Still a boy!
- Appointments? I had my 32 week appointment a week and a half ago – everything went well, vitals for me and babe were great and my OB said she felt like he was head down! We actually had a 32 week ultrasound for the day after my appointment because at my 20 week scan he was breech (totally normal at that point), and I also have an anterior placenta… so my OB ordered me to get a 32 week scan to be sure he was head down and to make sure my placenta was moving away from my cervix. Anyways… we have our scan and immediately were told he IS head down! Wahoo!! Praying he stays put. My placenta was also not covering my cervix at all – so another plus! I’m now at the point where my appointments are every two weeks the next month and then weekly. Holy cow… is this really happening?!
- Baby & Bump Update? Getting bigger and bigger daily and sometimes I wonder if my stomach has any more room to grow – so we’ll see how stretched out I get the next few weeks! He is (still) moving ALL THE TIME. So much so that my afternoons are spent feeling pretty nauseated! Oh well, totally worth it. They say he could be anywhere between 4-5lbs at this time, too! I was a 5lb baby, Joey was 5lbs14oz (both were early) – which is crazy to think that the size he is in my belly now is close to what both of us were when we were born…
- How am I feeling? Thankfully, still feeling pretty good besides the afternoon queasiness. Definitely getting tired more easily and running errands aren’t as simple as they used to be… especially with having to stop to pee every 20-30 minutes, so that’s fun! Sleep is getting a bit more difficult – as I think I was able to feel two weeks ago when he finally moved head down… SO MUCH MORE PRESSURE ON MY BLADDER. So I’m up to pee 2-3 times a night. I’m able to go right back to sleep, unless he decides to get in a dance session and wiggle around for a few minutes once I lay back down. Some mornings he lets me sleep in until 6:30 (#heaven) but averages around 5-6am with a swift kick to my ribs… #loveyoutoo
- Emotions? Sometimes uncomfortable and it gets tough staying super positive when my stomach hurts but remaining thankful and grateful every day!
- Nursery? So excited about this, I’ll just post these two sneak peek photos and leave it at that….
- Fitness? Still loving my walks but I’ve slowed them down and do a 3.7mph pace (#speeddemon) to accommodate the growing pressure on my body. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to walk until the end but won’t push it if I feel too much fatigue.
- Cravings? This is a sore subject. You all know about my love for the frozen organic peas from Costco (that I steam)… OK, so I was eating those EVERYDAY for lunch. Like 1.5-2 cups. They’ve been my addiction. But yea, anyone hear about the listeria scare and recall on all those veggies?! I haven’t had any peas for a week and a half….. sigh. Otherwise no other cravings, and sometimes its even hard to eat because of how tight everything in my stomach feels, but I do my best at getting as many nutrients in throughout day as I can!
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post - we also had our second baby shower in my hometown. It was held on Mothers Day weekend and my relatives flew in from out of town and made it such a special day.
By the end of the day, I was exhausted and experienced my first bout of semi-cankles... so that was fun! I had to rest up because we had a fabulous Mothers Day brunch the next morning to attend!
Ok - I think that covers just about everything. I told you it was a busy month, but an amazing one at that.