As you may have read in my last post, month 6 was kind of rough and I felt like I was on struggle bus a bit with the hip and back pain, but thankfully that has subsided (thanks to my Snoogle pillow and wearing comfort flats daily - #godsend) and the last few weeks haven't been as bad. My mysterious skin issues still persist on and off - but at this point I really think its just eczema, so I just make sure to moisturize daily. Anyways... onto my updates!
- How far along? 30 weeks today!
- Gender? Boy
- Appointments? I had my 7 month appointment 2 weeks ago, and then have my 8 month on May 5th. My 7 month check up went just fine, all vitals were great; mine and babes. I found out my OB is going to be on vacation from June 16-23... my due date is June 29th and I have a feeling i'm going to be a week early, so that will be fun if shes not here. Hey - as long as there is someone to catch the little guy when he comes out, i'm good. I also have a 32 week ultrasound on May 6th which they wanted to schedule since he was in a breech position at my 20 week anatomy scan, and I have an anterior placenta. They just want to make sure the placenta is moving further away from the cervix, and then to also check what position he is in - especially since the movements/kicks I've been feeling as of late could also signify he is transverse. At 32 weeks he would still have time to (hopefully) flip and move around - so we'll see! I'm just SO EXCITED to be able to see his little face again.
- Baby & Bump Update? He is definitely growing... and so am I. Not sure how much I've gained at this point but I definitely feel bigger each week. Grow, baby, grow! Its crazy to think he now weighs around 3-3.5 lbs and could be up to 18 inches from head to toe. He kicks like a mad man and rolls all over the place throughout the day; sometimes making me a bit nauseous... he is a strong baby, that's for sure! His lungs are significantly developed, as well as his ears- he can recognize my voice, as well as family members (aka his Dad's), as well as musical tones. The coolest thing is why Joey comes and hangs out with my belly each night; he talks to our little man and he starts wiggling and kicking (really hard) right away. He definitely knows his Dad is near.
- How am I feeling? Feeling pretty good at this point. Thankfully the hip and joint pain isn't as bad as it was a few weeks ago - as I mentioned above. I found that using my Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow and switching to only wearing flats really, REALLY, helped ease the discomfort. I also have brought a foot stool for under my desk at work, and a firm pillow for my chair; which I think helps immensely throughout the day. At night, I also place a firm pillow underneath my booty when I sit on the couch, and sometimes prop a softer pillow behind my back for extra support. I do fine myself getting a little extra winded if I walk up the stairs quicker than normal, or struggle a bit when trying to roll out of bed (not my best look), but I'm making it work. Remaining grateful and thankful each and everyday, despite any aches and pains I encounter!
- Cravings? Nothing. Its weird. Just normal food at this point, I guess. Still LOVING green peas but other than that I haven't craved a thing lately.
- Emotions? Again.. normal. I've been in a great mood and (weirdly) stress free lately. Just enjoying each day as it comes, knowing we're that much closer to meeting our boy. Funny how pregnancy has made me so much less of a worry wart/stress ball!
- Fitness? Still walking almost daily, but took some time off when my hip and joint pain flared up - figured it was best to give it a rest. Otherwise, babe and I enjoy our walks; some days its 1.5 miles, others 2.5 (#gettingcrazy), and i'd say we've been averaging 5 walks a week. I’m also partnering with For Two Fitness® to showcase the fabulous features of their apparel. Check out this adorable 'Sweating for Two' top they sent me! It is super soft, stretchy yet breathable, and moisture wicking. My leisurely walks may not make me break a sweat, but it was just too cute (and comfortable) not to wear while walking around the neighborhood!
- Baby Items? We've been compiling SO MUCH lately (Baby Shower info below!) and continue to be so grateful to our family members who have handed down so many things; especially clothes! His dresser is now stocked with NB-3m items, and we have 3 giant totes full of 6-9, 9-12, 12-18 and 18+ months clothing in our storage room!! Of course, i've been suckered into buying a few ADORABLE pieces i've seen while out shopping. But i'm proud to say that I've purchased less than 5 pieces of clothing myself! Just check out what I came across two weeks ago... I mean, how could you pass up a mini jean jacket and a mini sweater that looks like baby adult clothing?! TOO CUTE.
We also had our first baby shower last weekend in my husbands hometown. A few of his Aunts put it together for us and it was such a perfect day. Weather was gorgeous, family and friends came to celebrate - and my Mom & Sister even made the two hour drive to join in on the fun! Oh - and did I mention they got me Gigi's Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes? #thebest - We were overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness that day, and walked away with a TON of great things for our boy!
- Pack N Play
- Chicco Lullago Bassinet
- Diapers & Wipes (#givemeallthediapers)
- A few super cute outfits
- Handmade blankets
- Some of our bedding and nursery decor
- Boppy lounger
- Boon Grass Bottle Rack & accessories
- Feeding & bottle items
- Toys, teethers, rattles
- Baby sized clothing hangers
- Nose Frida
- Healthcare kit
- Bath toys
- Cart/Highchair Cover
- Sound Machine
Well, that seems to sum up the last few weeks pretty well. I look forward to updating you in a few weeks after our 32 week ultrasound - and maybe i'll even get a few photos of him to share!