It is time for another monthly update. I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is going…. and that we have around 3.5 months to go before he makes his arrival (#holycrap). Life has been crazy busy – not necessarily in a bad way, just busy. Between work, baby planning, mini-health issue and life in general, I keep forgetting to pop in and say hello more often. I also know I need to start blogging about things OTHER than pregnancy, so sorry if these are getting annoying. I’ll work on it… I promise.
- How far along? 25 weeks (today)
- Gender? Boy
- Appointments? I had my 6 month prenatal appointment last Thursday, and everything went just fine. All of my vitals were great, and they found his heartbeat in literally 3 seconds. I also had my glucose test this week and I passed! SO happy to have that over and done with - I will admit that I didn't mind the taste, despite all the awful things I had heard about this test. Remember that orange drink from McD's you enjoyed as a kid? It tasted like that, but with a slightly different aftertaste. Side note - I have also hit the 10 lb weight gain mark! #holla
- Bump Update? Well, he sure is growing as you can see! I’m carrying pretty high and am constantly working on my core muscles and posture in hopes it will help ease back or leg pain down the road (though i'm already having some minor back pain - oofta!). I'm happy to say that my bump is actually (almost) surpassing my chest in growth.... so that's a plus.
- How am I feeling? Overall, feeling OK – but little man gave me a run for my money the last week. I had this mysterious sun-burn type feeling overtake the back of my hamstring, and have these huge red spots that grew over a few days… and then I ended up getting a few more of these spots around my shoulder, neck, rib cage and underarm. All started the same ‘sun burn’ sensation, then started drying up and getting flakey/scaly. To say I was uncomfortable is an understatement. I basically couldn’t wear clothes for a few days (I did, it was just a struggle) and the most dried up these areas get, the itchiness sets in. The back of my leg still look really nasty – but I’m hoping this is on the mend. SO… what was it? No clue. I was in and out of the Doctors office and even had to go to the hospital for them to rule out a blood clot. All tests, all blood work, everything, has come back totally normal (thankfully). But it is still frustrating not knowing what is happening to my skin. I know that pregnancy can do a lot to your skin and you can develop allergies, irritation, sensitivity or eczema randomly – so maybe that is what it is? I am trying not to be a baby about all of this, and I have to remain thankful for where I am at – and how this pregnancy has been pretty easy up until now.
- Cravings? Nothing really. Still enjoying a tuna melt once or twice a week – and raspberries! Roasted green beans, avocado toast and steamed frozen peas (yea, seriously) are my jam, too. I feel like this section is always really boring… sorry about that.
- Baby Movement? Oh my gosh. The ABSOLUTE BEST. He is making himself known… not only by growing, but by moving. Our boy is either a boxer or a dancing machine (or both?) and wiggles around quite often. Joey is able to feel him almost daily and we can now physically SEE my stomach move from babes little jabs. It’s crazy, but awesome at the same time. He also like to get particularly active the SECOND I lay down to go to bed, so that’s fun! (#foreshadowing)
- Emotions? Other than being frustrated and overwhelmed from the last week’s rash issue, I’ve been doing pretty great.
- Fitness? Still walking almost daily. Took a few days off when this rash developed – but am back at it. 1.5 miles on week days and 2-3 on weekends when I’m feeling crazy. Nothing over the top – but I really do feel like walking is going to help me in the long run; not only with how I’m feeling during pregnancy, but hopefully with labor AND post-baby.
- Organizing the home? Oh boy – I’m so happy to say that we have done so much the last month. As I mentioned last update, we purged a lot of items we didn’t use or really didn’t need – and made TONS of room in our guest bedroom closet, babies room, and our storage unit downstairs. We’ve also ordered the Nursery chair (chose a white linen fabric with light beige speckles that will accent our white nursery furniture and beige/taupe wall color), have our dresser set up, a small storage cubby underneath the window, and are just waiting for the crib to get here. We have decided on nursery decor and theme, as well - and are WAY TOO EXCITED about it! :) Not nursery related – but we did replace our old rectangular wood coffee table in the living room, with a new soft storage ottoman with TONS of room inside for anything and everything. We had no space in that living room to store baby items, toys, blankets, etc. so we are thrilled to have found this!
- Baby Items? We can’t believe how generous some friends and family have already been with their hand me downs. If you open up our nursery, it looks like we already had a baby shower! There is still SO MUCH that we need, and I’m excited to have my first shower next month! :) I also want to give a quick shout out to Urban Baby Co. for sending our boy the SWEETEST onesies. If you remember our ‘Worth the Wait’ announcement, Urban Baby Co. is the company that made it. They have the most ADORABLE onesies and you can find them on Etsy, too! We can’t wait to dress our boy in these.
A & Baby