I figured i'd give another monthly update on how things are going and how I've been feeling. I can't believe i'm officially 21 weeks today and over the half way point... seriously, where is the time going!?
- How far along? 21 weeks today!!!
- Gender? BOY! :)
- Appointments? I had my 5 month prenatal appointment last Thursday, then our 20 week anatomy scan was Friday – everything went perfectly (despite the fact that Baby P was moving ALL over the place, which made it hard to get images at first… stubborn little guy). We got our anatomy scan results yesterday and it was confirmed that we have a healthy baby boy, no abnormalities and that everything is progressing perfectly (and symmetrically)!
- Bump Update? It finally popped (as you can tell in my photo from last week!). I still look like I have a semi-beer guy – but its definitely becoming more and more prominent, which is fun…. especially after I eat! I am wearing maternity jeans 24/7 and found that my favorite (normal) jeans make a maternity line; so I picked up some of them and they are literally like a dream. SO comfortable!!
- How am I feeling? Still feeling fabulous (again.. pinch me please!)… and hoping that I continue to feel great throughout these last few months.
- Cravings? Weirdly, nothing at all lately. I’m just eating normally as I always have; still enjoying tuna melts twice a week, and chocolate almond milk. Oh – raspberries have been my JAM lately, so there’s that. Otherwise, pretty boring on my end… no pickle and ice cream combos over here.
- Baby Movement? YES!!! Finally!! Around weeks 17-18, I started feeling these weird little tingly movements, but wasn't sure if it was Baby or not. Then once week 19-20 rolled around, I started feeling things a little stronger, but still nothing super prominent. I had a few girlfriends tell me they were able to feel baby move a lot by 18/20 weeks, and their partners could even feel baby. With the amount of movements i've been having, there was really no way Joey could feel him just yet. During our 20 week scan, it was confirmed that I have an anterior placenta - which is no cause for concern at all - it just means the placenta is like a cushion in between baby and my stomach, so i'll feel movements less. HOWEVER, little guy was SUPER wiggly last night, so I asked Joey to put his hand on my stomach, and he FELT HIM MOVE!!! The look on his face was priceless, and a moment i'll never forget. He said "I felt him move!!! Our first little fist bump"... #precious
- Emotions? Feeling totally normal. No mood swings and I seriously have just been feeling wonderful and overjoyed (at least most of the time!).
- Fitness? Still walking almost everyday, and i'm loving it. Its a great way to start the morning, and I feel him move a lot once I sit down after walking - which is my favorite. Its like he wants to keep going! :)
- Organizing the home? Being the crazy planner that I am, it shouldn't surprise anyone that we basically have everything purged and organized in the house. The Nursery is definitely NOT set up yet, but i'm referring to the rest of the house; clearing out things we didn't use/need, donating a bunch, selling a few items, making room in the kitchen cabinets, storage unit and guest bedroom closets, etc. We finished all of that last weekend and it feels so FREEING! It is just nice to know we're making ample room and doing all of the purging now, rather than waiting until month 7 or 8. So we really just have the nursery to focus on, wahoo!!!
- Registry? We have registered at Target & Buy Buy Baby and are so thrilled to be able to add a few BOY items to the lists. Registries are just SO FUN! If any Mama's wanted to take a look at mine to give me additional insights or pointers, i'm totally open to that!
So overall, things are absolutely fabulous and I still have to pinch myself and remember how fortunate I am to be experiencing all of this; as it still feels surreal most of the time. My heart constantly aches for my friends still battling HA or infertility of the sorts - and I hope they know i'm not posting these monthly updates and photos to boast, I just can't help how excited we are to have been chosen as this little boy's parents!
I know I need to step up the blogging game, and I'm excited to announce that I have a few things up my sleeves for the next few weeks - including some products i've been using throughout this pregnancy! And maybe i'll throw in a few recipes here and there, I really need to get back on that bandwagon, huh!?