This literally took me less than five minutes to make, the "hardest" part was rolling the 'dough' into balls! (So... if that doesn't tell you how easy it is....)
- 1.5 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Place pecans and pinch of salt into food processor, blend until pecans are ground finely
- Add in dates, cocoa powder and vanilla - blend until fully combined
- Once combined, you will need to add a few drops of water to the 'dough' until it sticks together/can be molded easily. I just lifted the lid of the processor and added a few drops at a time; probably 1/2-3/4 tsp in total
- Lastly, transfer 'dough' out of the food processor into bowl and use your hands to roll the dough into small-medium sized balls
- Place in air tight container and store in fridge (or freezer, I suppose!)
I rolled mine into about an inch in diameter and it equated to ~16 'brownie bites'.
I found a few other recipes that called for various nuts and/or adding coconut, or ROLLING in coconut at the end... which I may try out, too. This will be another quick recipe I plan on having on hand once little man is here - as I can easily open the fridge and pop one or two of these in my mouth for a little boost!