A few years back, I discovered the “2 ingredient pumpkin muffins” (1 box cake mix and 1 15oz can pumpkin) and figured why not give it a try with GF brownie mix?! I can admit I was a bit nervous since GF mixes aren’t always a hit - but WOAH… Aldi’s new GF line has some GREAT products.
- Brownie Mix (GF or non-gf)
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin (= 1 small can)
- (optional) 3 tbsp egg substitute *I added into this batch
- Preheat oven to 350, coat 8x8 or 9x9 pan with cooking spray (or 9x13 if you want traditional thinner/flatter brownies - the smaller pans will give more thick/cakey/fudgy brownies which I prefer!)
- Mix together brownie mix, pumpkin (and egg if your batter is really thick)
- Bake 30-35 minutes; or until toothpick comes out clean. Please remember each oven is different, and depending on the size of pan you use, your time will be different. I’d recommend checking after 20 minutes to see what the consistency is like after sticking the tooth pick in - then throw back in oven and check every 5-10 minutes :)
I’ve made this a few ways with a few different GF Brownie Mixes. They range from fudgy-cake consistency, to chewy brownies, some are more pumpkin-y and some are more bittersweet chocolate tasting; regardless, they always taste awesome.
I’m one of those people who eats pumpkin year round, but now is the perfect time of year to give these babies a try to get into the Fall spirit!
Are there are “2 ingredient” recipes you love to easily whip up?
x’s & o’s